Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Those Poor People

I just can't believe this has happened. I've read so many horrifying things and they've shocked me and made me cry. G-d only knows what these people are feeling. There's not much I can say that hasn't been said.

I feel guilty writing about life just going on, but I will I guess.

I had an audition today, and it went well although I don't know who won yet. I'm trying hard not to get my hopes up, but it's not really working that well. I had a huge adrenaline rush when I got there and thought I was going to pass out. So I did jumping jacks. I must've looked like such a dork. I hope the church where the auditions were held doesn't have a security camera.

We had a friend come stay with us for the weekend. It was nice to hang out and see another friend that I don't get to see much. And we went to Zaftig's in Brookline and I had wonderful cold borscht. I could eat a vat of it if given the chance. I played at a wedding in Boston for a couple that seemed oddly detached from each other. And the bridesmaids weren't even giggly.

I'm worried about Paul's upcoming surgery. I'm Jewish. It's what I do.

I'm proud of my parents and their awesome weightloss via Weight Watchers. They rule.

I tried the new Edy's/Dreyer's (east coast/west coast) whipped light ice cream. It's frigging delicious. And the sugar free Jell-O pudding rules too.

Our garden has bloomed forth about 5 million spicier than hell peppers, and some delicious tomatoes.

I think Lance Armstrong needs to not go back and "mess with France" by not retiring. Dude, go out on a high note, how about?

Big Papi did it again tonight. He's just the coolest.

And I have an odd celeb-crush on 50 Cent. No, I'm not even kidding. Yes, Mr. Zigkvetch knows. He just shakes his head and laughs at me.

Speaking of crushes, Mr. Z has always had a crush on Kirstie Alley. Girlfriend is looking pretty fab in those Jenny Craig commercials, I've got to admit.

I am dying to see "The Exorcism of Emily Rose." That's right. I'll give you time to stop laughing at me. Ok, ok, enough already. I've read about the real story about the German girl on whom this is based, and find the whole medicine vs. religion argument facinating. I may or may not also be trying like heck to catch the A&E special on "real" exorcisms as well. And I'm wondering what the Jewish faith has to say about demonic possession and if there is a Jewish equivalent of an exorcism.

All of these things skim along the top of my brain, but underneath my head and my heart are still thinking about all the gulf coast people, the ineptitude of our government and rescue agencies, and the racism that I naively assumed wasn't as strong as it obviously still is. Ok, I'll put away the soapbox now, and try to shut the heck up.

2 Comments:

At 1:42 PM , Blogger Flipsycab said...

Duuuude...how SCARY does that movie look? I have high hopes of screaming out loud in the theatre.

 
At 8:27 PM , Blogger Megan said...

I loved hanging out with you!!! I already miss Food Network watching, internet grotesqueness surfing, and lox gobbling! Trust me. It was worth the nine hours on my butt on a bus with kimchee man.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home