Monday, December 12, 2005

Testing 1, 2, 3, testing! Is this thing on?

Um, hello?

Yeah, I'm still alive and kicking. Ok, maybe not kicking so much as feebly nudging the world with my foot.

Things have been crazy for the last few months, but I'm ok and Mr. ZigKvetch is ok.

I will now provide you with a list of things that we've done/experienced/etc. for the last few months:

  • Went all over the damn place recruiting.
  • On my way back from Cornell, I saw a kid riding his bike while spraying something onto the spokes of his wheels which would then ignite into orange flame. Not much to do in Ithaca.
  • Played a lot of flute.
  • Sighed a lot over the Red Sox.
  • Fretted over Mr. Kvetch who was in a serious car accident and escaped with only a few bruises! (Who else do you know that gets rear-ended on a clear highway, going 65?)
  • Missed my friends who I've/we've had no time for because of work.
  • Worried about my job and the rumors swirling about.
  • Hated my arch nemesis aforementioned in the post below.
  • Had a lovely Thanksgiving with the best turkey ever.
  • Missed my parents.
  • Had a date with Paul to a fabulous drag show. He was a wonderful date, evevn though the two times he left me alone I was picked on by the evening's emcee, Miss Kitty Litter.
  • Went to Philly and met up with 4 of the world's coolest people, Sarah, Michael, Meg and Lauren. I love them all, but oh, that Lauren and Meg. Oh, and BillyChuck! I could just eat him up!
  • Had an Anthropologie bag named after me. (No, really! How cool is that?)
  • Had our bread machine commit suicide by flinging itself off the counter, mid-pizza dough making.
  • Bought a new bread machine.
  • Taught a lot of flute.
  • Starting teaching a special needs student whom I believe is teaching me more than I'm teaching him!
  • Conducted a public holiday flute choir concert. The students were magnificent!
  • Had a student go through a really tough patch that ended up being rather soul-crushing for me. I'm better now, and I think she is too, although we've parted ways.
  • Missed Erin terribly and then, miraculously, started hearing from her again, much to my incredible joy!
  • Learned the joy of cranberry mojitos.
  • Prepared to move offices from our old building to the new one.
  • Learned that my dear friend Rachael is pregnant!!!
  • Had a few lunches with my beloved friend Keri, who probably hates me right now.
  • Tried to be eating buddies with Suzanne, who is doing a great job while I continue to eat like a moo cow. (I'm trying mom- I am!)
  • And a billion other things that I'm not thinking of right now.

I am going to try to gently ease myself back into this blogging business because I think it might just be the cheapest therapy around. I am now off to see if Miss Flipsycab is still around and if she's even still "talking" to me! I hope everyone's winters are going smoothly and that the holiday season isn't driving anyone too bonkers!

3 Comments:

At 9:01 PM , Blogger Flipsycab said...

Huzzah!! Welcome back! Glad to see you. I kept checking back occasionally to see if you were still kickin'. Glad everyone is okay. Hope stress and nastiness and f**ing bullshit pass you by in no time!!!

 
At 7:13 PM , Blogger Megan said...

I kept checking! I knew it would pay off!

 
At 2:04 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

I am, apparently, chopped liver.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home