Monday, June 20, 2005

Food, Glorious Food! (apologies to Oliver! fans)

So, we've been watching the Next Food Network Star challenge to find a new cooking show host. I hate the chick who cut her finger (Suzannah). I hate her with the ampage of a thousand souped-up blenders. If they pick her I'm going to sue the Food Network for creating a hostile work environment or something. A hostile tv-viewing environment? Anyway...

I love Dan & Steve, a gay couple with mad cooking skills and tons of charm and wit.

Dear Eric, they already have an Al Roker.

Hans is adorable and he's been such a good boy, taking everything the judges have given him as feedback and improving more and more each week. Bravo.

The rest can pretty much kiss my ass. (I'm such a lovely, sweet girl, aren't I?)

So I went a-trolling through Blogland tonight and found some wonderful food blogs:

Alton Brown, although he needs to get on the ball and post more. He writes just like he talks, which for me, is bliss.

Foodage, because who wouldn't love a gal who posts a recipe called "Crazy-Ass Salad?"

Jamie Oliver, again, he writes like talks, minus the charming/obnoxious (depending on your tastes) lispy-wet-lips thing he has going on.

And you know I dig Esurientes, whose current picture of a fruit tart makes me cry out with longing. And, like a good neighbor, she shares her excellent foodblog finds with a humongous list of foodblogs of every kind, including Is My Blog Burning, a recipe-ical (made up word of the day!) library of congress, if you will!

So, there you have it. Some food rambling from ZigKvetch. In blog form. Which is a lot neater than in person, because I tend to drool.

3 Comments:

At 6:18 AM , Blogger Special Sauce said...

Hootie Hoo! Thanks for the link! And damnit, I keep forgetting when the Food Network American Idol is on! I'm going to have to watch it this week.

Going to peruse the rest of your blog after work today- Thanks again!

 
At 7:16 AM , Blogger ZigKvetch said...

Ah Special Sauce, you had me at the sock monkey. You had me at the sock monkey.

And yes, you really have to watch it! I think next week is the show where we get to call in and vote on the finalists. I'm totally voting for Bo. Um, I mean, probably the couple or Hans.

 
At 12:12 PM , Blogger Skeezix said...

I caught the Food Network star thing last night and can I say that I want Susannah to be cut ASAP. Really, the most annoying lady since Omarosa.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home