Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Oh goody! A meme from MeganMegan!

Megan the wise and wonderful tagged me, so here goes nothing... more layers of Zig than you ever thought possible or wanted:

LAYER ONE: ON THE OUTSIDE
Name: Zig
Birth date: March 14, 1970
Current Location: My couch, under an olive and gold afghan (the blanket, not the hound)
Eye Color: Hazel with speckles. Please refrain from singing Kelly Clarkson.
Hair Color: Dark brown with remnants of blond highlights that are taking forever to grow out
Righty or Lefty: Righty although I "mouse" with my left hand.
Zodiac Sign: Pisces

LAYER TWO: ON THE INSIDE
Your heritage: German, Russian, Romanian, and according to my parents, Martian
Shoes you wore today: Black slide-on sandals
3 things I did today: Went to the dentist to get my new night guard, bought a ton of candy for my office, taught an awesome lesson on leadership.
Your fears: Spiders, losing people I love
Your perfect pizza: pepperoni and mushroom or pesto with roma tomatoes

LAYER THREE: YESTERDAY, TODAY, TOMORROW
Your most overused phrase: "Freaking____," and "you're a zoo."
Your thoughts first waking up: No! Shh!! No! Please! More sleep! Please! So tired!
Your best physical feature: My smile
Your best time: Nighttime
Your most missed memory: Being in better shape.

LAYER FOUR: YOUR PICK
Pepsi or Coke: Can I pick Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper aka "Nectar of the Gods?" If not, either will do.
McDonald's or Burger King: McDonald's fries, and Burger King's burgers, oh heck, let's just go to Taco Bell.
Single or group dates: Date? What is this "date" you speak of?
Adidas or Nike: Nike, I guess, but to be honest, I was thinking Payless Shoe Source
Silver or Gold: Silver.
Lipton Tea or Nestea: I'd prefer a bag, thanks. (No teabagging jokes, please)
Chocolate or vanilla: Vanilla topped with cold fudge (right, Mom?)

LAYER FIVE: DO YOU?
Smoke: No freaking way. It's hard to play the flute when you can't breathe.
Take showers: Yes.
Have a crush(es): Yes. And his name is Mr. ZigKvetch, although Jason Varitek ain't bad.
Think you've been in love: See question above. Stop before "although."
Like(d) high school?: Yep. It was stressful and awful and painful, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.
Want to get married: Again? No, never. I'm all set with the husband I've got. I was DYING to get married before I married Mr. ZigKvetch though.
Get motion sickness: Yes. I discovered this on a deep-sea fishing trip forever dubbed "Puke Fest '99." I remember trying to figure out a way to get a helicopter to come out and pick me up.
Think you're a health freak: AHAHAHAHA! I'm sorry, I mean, um, no. I'm trying to be healthier though.
Get along with your parents: Yes. They drive me to drink (ok, so it's tomato juice), but I love them and am extremely close to them.
Like thunderstorms: I did until lightning hit the house next door to mine in the early, early morning. I seriously believed we were under a nuclear attack. No lie- my period stopped for 3 months due to the trauma.
Play an instrument: Here's a shocker-- yes! Flute, piccolo, penny whistle. Yes, please, ask me about band camp.

LAYER SIX: IN THE PAST MONTH
Drank alcohol: Yes. You know what's really embarrassing but good? A Mike's Hard Lemonade with grenadine! Shh!
Gone on a date: Date? What is this "date" you speak of?
Gone to the mall: Yes, to get Mr. Zigkvetch and I new duds to wear to the drag show we went to with Paul.
Been on stage: Constantly.
Eaten an entire box of Oreos: No, but in the past I've held my own when challenged. (And by "challenged" I clearly mean that the oreos were just sitting on the counter.)
Eaten sushi: Yes, I live on sushi.
Gone skating: No. I'd love to go roller skating though.
Had a tan: Surely you jest. I go from pink to red to purple to peel. SPF 45 is my best friend.
Dyed your hair: Nope.

LAYER SEVEN: HAVE YOU EVER
Been trashed or extremely intoxicated: Um, no never. Hey Mom, could you cover your eyes for a minute? Thanks. Yes I have. Both trashed and extremely intoxicated.
Changed who you were to fit in: Yes. I do it just about every day at work.
Thought about what age you hope to get married: Yes. I was going to be married by 25, and have a kid by 28. Isn't that cute?
Had children? Not yet.
Describe your dream wedding: Basically exactly the one we had. My students played our processional. My Dad walked me down the aisle and danced with me. Mom and friends read cool readings. Colleen (and her wee daughter at the time, Meghan) sang us all to tears. Our friends stood at our sides under the chuppah. The rabbi was really funny and fun. We did what we wanted to do, not what was the correct or expected thing to do. For example, we played a duet on our flute and tuba in place of writing our own vows. The rabbi taught people Jewish customs as we went along. I married my best friend (barf now if you must) and the love of my life. We had good food, drink and a kickass swing band. We danced the hora to Hava Nagila, and I've never had so much fun.
How do you want to die?: In my sleep at a grand old age and with a smile on my face.
What do you want to be when you grow up?: A full time musician and flute teacher along with being a kick-ass mom and partner.

LAYER NINE: IN A GUY
Best eye color?: Blue
Best hair color?: Dirty blond.
Short or long hair: Short.
Height: Taller than me in heels.
Best first date location: Symphony concert.
Articles of clothing: Tight pleather pants with the cheek-holes cut out, spikes, cheetah-patterned, flowy, button-down silk shirts, unbuttoned to navel, tube socks and a festive chapeau. Um, either that or just clothes that fit and aren't stained.

LAYER TEN: IN THE NUMBERS
Number of sexual partners: About 40. AHAHAHAHA! I totally couldn't even type that with a straight face. (Mom? Why aren't you laughing? Mom? MOM?)
Number of pairs of shoes: A million. And almost all of them are black.
Number of bags: A million. And almost all of them are black.
Number of CD's I own: Two million.
Number of piercings: 3 in each ear, but I only use one in each.
Number of tattoos: None.

Whew!

I tag Tish, Meg and Skeezix! Edit: I COMPLETELY AND WHOLEHEARTEDLY TAG THE CHARMING AND DELIGHTFUL FLIPSYCAB AS WELL!

4 Comments:

At 11:17 PM , Blogger Flipsycab said...

Oh, I see...I'm no longer good enough for your meme circle. Uh-huh. So typical...you hold up when they're down and then they kick you.

 
At 11:20 PM , Blogger ZigKvetch said...

No! You are officially TAGGED! I just didn't want to annoy you. I'm new at all this weblogiquette stuff!

 
At 11:25 PM , Blogger Flipsycab said...

No worries, dude. I was kidding. I would have quoted a movie, but I've had too many glasses of white wine this evening...I tend to do that when I'm home alone and cooking up a storm. Ooopssssshshss.

I'm not sure aobut this one...it seems like a lot of writing.

 
At 12:15 AM , Blogger ZigKvetch said...

Ooh, what amazing vegetarian delicacy are you whipping up tonight?

I like MeMes, but feel such GUILT when passing them on. And let's be honest, this one is a behemoth! Which was good for me tonight because I had nothing.

And not to worry dear Flipsycab. I'm a tad wined myself. Hence some of my answers. I'll let you guess which ones... (Mysterious!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home