Saturday, June 25, 2005

Random, Random, Who's Got the Random?

  • I just tasted the strongest Mai Tai I've ever had. Mr. ZigKvetch had to drink it.
  • Fanta commercials make me die a little inside.
  • During the opera I just performed, one of the characters angrily calls another character a "cockalorum." I don't know what it means, but I love it and plan to call my enemies that from now on.
  • I love people who are all crusty and cranky on the outside with a heart of gold on the inside, and we got to know someone fitting that exact description, tonight. Funny as hell, too.
  • I am the turtle-whisperer. I recently stopped traffic in both directions on a street near my house twice in the same week to ensure the safe crossing of a couple of turtleacular (word of the day!) friends. The first one was rather wee, and I just picked him up and moved him over to a grassy knoll (no book depository folks- not to worry). The other one was freaking huge. Basketball-sized. I clapped my hands and stomped my feet behind him. The little buggers can actually move surprisingly fast when there's a big, goonie person behind them, holding up traffic and acting like a loon.
  • I love it when you're watching a movie or tv series and the bad guy makes that "Curses, foiled again!" fist of rage.
  • Dear Leanne, a sweet, wonderful friend of mine has a sweet, wonderful grandma who is very, very sick. I am keeping them both in my strongest prayers.
  • I am thrilled that my friend Pamela just had her baby and that after months and months of "knowing" that it was a girl, the baby showed his, um, assets at the 13th hour and, surprise, she now has a beautiful little boy! Mazel tov, and if anyone can appreciate the humor of this situation, it's Pamela and her husband. What a lucky little boy!
  • I would do just about anything for an It's-It ice cream cookie sandwich right now.
  • Nope, not pregnant, just overly-tired and emotional, and the food cravings are just as much a part of my day-to-day life as, say, my right arm.
  • Ben, I would be honored if you would use "waaaahmbulance."
  • The ZigKvetches might get a visit from MizzMozz and family, and Miss Sugarcookie over Labor Day weekend, and we couldn't be more excited! Huzzah!
  • One of the sweetest things I've heard in ages is that my tough, firefighter friend's little boy calls him "honey." And that it just melts dad's heart. I guess the little guy kept hearing mom refer to dad as "honey," and he decided that's what he'd call dad too.
  • One of the funniest things I've heard in ages is that my tough, firefighter friend's little boy accidentally hit dad in the groin with his first T-Ball swing (atta boy, Slugger!) and then went over to him and worriedly asked in his little voice, "Honey, are your balls ok?"
  • I really dig this blog-writing stuff.
  • Online communities are never drama-free.
  • I will sign off with this really cool picture of a Costa Rican volcano that my uncle, Larry sent me. His wife, my aunt, Noreen went to Costa Rica last year:

3 Comments:

At 8:25 AM , Blogger leanne said...

Thank you, Lori.

 
At 10:24 PM , Blogger Megan said...

What do you mean, "might"? I'm there, dude.

 
At 2:28 PM , Blogger Flipsycab said...

Honey, are your balls ok? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home