Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Random Fandom Bo-Bandom, Banana-Fana-Lo Fandom...

...eh, whatever.

I'm really tired, even though I've been trying to get more sleep. Bah.
  • I really want to see Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I love the first one and loved the book as a kid (glad to see we're back to squirrels. Silly gooses, chocolate factories are for squirrels!). My long-lost-recently-found friend Anne recommends it, and I trust her taste.
  • I am on the edge of my seat waiting for baby Charlotte to come into the world. If I'm this hyper about it, imagine what her mom-to-be, Miss Otter must be feeling!
  • I am so sad for dear Leanne upon the loss of her wonderful grandmother. I love you Leanne- please let me know if there's anything I can do for you or your family.
  • I'm also sad to hear about those boy scout leaders who died in a freak accident while setting up the big camping Jamboree.
  • But I'm annoyed that someone I know, who, granted, is heavily involved with the Boy Scouts council in our area is making the accident all about her. She doesn't know any of the people and wasn't there. And while I totally understand her feeling awful about the whole thing, I guess I just don't get why she's actually going around and directly trying to elicit sympathy for herself from people. I found myself almost saying I was so sorry for her loss. She does this kind of thing with a lot of stuff.
  • I really hate when people make tragedies all about them. It's a pet peeve of mine. From Star Jones (shudder) going on and on about how "blessed by G-d" she was because she had been vacationing in some of the areas worst hit by the tsunami only a MONTH beforehand to those who immediately, upon hearing about a tragedy, try to "one-up" with their own tragedy. Bah.
  • Lance Armstrong has announced that he's keeping his options open for a possible run for political office someday. File under: Hmmm. And also: Give me a break.
  • Playing a concert tonight. Should be hot but fun, nonetheless. And then over to the C's place for cocktails and munchies. Of course, as the designated driver, cocktails = juice or soda. Don't drink and drive, kids!
  • Oh, the Tony Bourdain show rocked my socks off. How can you not love a food show that comes with a viewer discretion warning and a Mature Audiences rating?! Absinthe tripping, sick jokes about dead Santa's helpers, headcheese, wine at 7 AM? Check! This is foodie entertainment nirvana, people.
  • Go Discovery! I do not have a lump in my throat and a slight moistening of the eye. Shut up.
  • Finally got to see sweet Paul on Saturday. The visit was short, but fun.
  • Went to a giant friend reunion (way better than a high school reunion!!!) with a group of friends who used to be thicker than thieves but who've all moved out across the U.S. with their growing families and haven't seen each other in years. It was so fun to see everyone, and weird how, even though we'd been apart for so long, we fell into the same groove the minute we saw each other as if the years hadn't gone by.
  • While on this reunion, I found my OFFICIAL HAPPY PLACE. Wait- don't run off thinking I'm about to share some scary TMI story that will scar you emotionally for life! I'm talking about swimming in a beautiful lake on a perfect day under a granite mountain in New Hampshire. From now on, every time someone tells me to take a deep breath and think of a happy place, (giving blood, at work when I'm in the fetal position, rocking back and forth under my desk, etc.) that's what I'm picturing. I swam almost all the way across in pure solitude (people could still see me- I'm not an idiot, I promise) and the most exhilerating feeling of freedom. And I'll admit I thought it was awfully sweet when J and F came canoeing over to me under the guise of telling me we were all packing up soon, when in reality, they just wanted to make sure I wasn't having a heart attack or needed assistance. Silly boys, don't you know that fat girls got serious float action going on?
  • Ooh- I just found a perfect picture of exactly where we were! Enjoy:

4 Comments:

At 6:27 AM , Blogger leanne said...

Thanks Lori. We're hanging in there.

 
At 9:10 AM , Blogger ZigKvetch said...

Love you Leanne.

 
At 1:34 PM , Blogger LE said...

Your happy place is stunning. I sure would like to go camping there.

 
At 2:15 PM , Blogger amy corinne said...

Lori, I sure am glad to see that you've blogged again. I was getting ready to start telling you to.

I've never been in a lake. The picture you posted sure is pretty.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home