Thursday, December 15, 2005

How Could I Forget? Or: Hey, I Happen to LOVE Chopped Liver!

When I recapped below, I totally forgot to mention that I met someone I've known for years, but had never met before! (I know, it sounds like a riddle a troll who lives under a bridge would ask a billy goat, but stick with me.)

You see, I have been a member of a group of Internet friends (Stop fucking laughing. Clearly you're jealous.) for years and years. We started off together as a crazy bunch of girls on a message board for a now-sucky magazine and through the years we've relocated, splintered, added new friends, and somehow all kept in touch. With the splintering, after a very dramatic message board war (I said to stop fucking laughing. Don't make me turn this blog around!), I now consider myself an extremely lucky member of two wonderful, private online communities. Some of my friends hang out in both places, and some are only at one or the other. I love them all.

So anyway, there is this one woman, we'll call her BUNNYROCK, who I've begun to get to know better over the last few years, but have been posting with since day one. She's funny, adorable, has her finger on the pulse of all things celebrity gossipish, is an artist, an interesting person and has a penchant for monkeys, perfect dye jobs and peanut butter. What's not to love? (This obviously explains why she is also the target for a myriad of love letters from Nigerian men who want to marry her on MySpace.)

Well, she was in town a month or so ago, and I finally got to meet her face to face! She was lovely and sweet and we got on like the old friends we were. I was late (what else is new?) but I insisted on driving into Cambridge to come see her anyway, because I just refused to miss my one opportunity to finally meet her. After getting completely lost on my way to her hotel, I finally found her and she was even more adorable and nice in person. I gave her the cheap and dirty car tour of Boston while we chatted away about everything from love and jobs to Trader Joe's, must-have coats, and her bohemian life when she followed a band around (seriously, how cool is that?). We could've gone on and on for hours. I wish we had!

When she got back home, she made me a beautiful pair of earrings (I'll have to take a picture and post it) with little lavender crystals and freshwater pearls and sent them off to me, much to my pleasant surprise.

And what do I do, nebbish that I am?

I recap the last few months without even so much as a mention. What a jerkwad.

So, dear Bunnyrock, you are not chopped liver at all my friend, but even if I thought you were, it would be a compliment coming from me, because I happen to love me some chopped liver.

1 Comments:

At 4:45 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

I love Zig. Lurrrve. Because I whine and complain and she doesn't tell me to go fuck myself!

Although, clearly, she's insane, as evidenced by the crazy-lovely things she just said about me.

PS: Lady, I really do adore you, and I'm glad we finally met in person. And I'm glad neither of us perminatly damaged each other during the board war. Since we both yield a mean trident.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home