Sunday, January 06, 2008

Happy New Year! It's 2008!

First of all, I'm horribly delinquent in thanking my dear, talented, beautiful friend Suzanne for her awesome work on redesigning my blog! Thank you, thank you, thank you! And I love being called a badass flute mfer!


Ok, so it's 2008. 8 is my favorite number and has been since I was a little kid. Why "8?" Well, I loved collecting rocks when I was a kid. I was fascinated with them. My dad used to bring them home from business trips (sometimes real rocks, sometimes those little chocolate candies that are made to look like rocks. How do they do that, anyway? But I digress...) and even bought me a rock polisher one year! He also bought me a little guide book on rocks and minerals that I loved so much. It was in that tiny book that I learned about moonstones.


I loved the idea of moonstones even before I ever saw one in real life. I looked at the moonstone page so much that the little book eventually opened right to it... page 88.


I loved the round, soft, smoothness of the moonstone and I loved the round, soft, smoothness of those little 8s. I actually remember that 7 was the "cool" lucky number to have as a gradeschooler, but I couldn't be swayed. I could relate to those round 8s.

I still can.

I don't mind being round and soft, but I need to be less so. I'm hoping this year will bring me the strength to finally get healthy. I'm hoping for change... lots of positive change. I need a healthier, happier work environment. I need to feel better about myself and my life.
I feel like this could be a great year if I put my mind to it. I feel like it's full of potential. Don't get me wrong- I know that it's really hokey to put a bunch of faith in a year just because your lucky number is in it, but heck, it can't hurt.
So here's to 2008. I hope it's a great, round, soft, smooth moonstone of a year for everyone.

1 Comments:

At 8:52 AM , Blogger Skeezix said...

Moonstones are lovely!

I'm glad you are blogging again. This time don't take such a long break in between posts. Ok?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home