Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The Perfect Day Job

I'd like to have it, as the one I have is not quite perfect. Or even close.

So, if I can't (at least for now) do what I dream of (full-time musician and teacher), here's what I'd like in the perfect day job:
  • To be paid at market for the position I'm in and the work I'm doing (I'm not looking for a million bucks here, people)
  • To work with people I love (I've got this now and it's what helps me get out of bed in the morning) (well, that and the cat's snoring)
  • To have a short commute
  • To have flexible work hours
  • To be able to telecommute from home when I need/want to
  • To be doing something that actually helps people
  • To be in a blissfully non-"matrixed" organization
  • To be in a positive, happy environment and when that's not possible, to at least see a light at the end of the tunnel
  • To not have to work in an environment that's processed to death (I swear sometimes that it's worse than American cheese product)
  • To just have one main job to focus on, not a million zillion main jobs to focus on
  • To have an accessible manager
  • To be included on important decisions
  • To feel appreciated and valued
  • To receive training and coaching
  • To have sufficient staff
  • To work in a team-based environment
  • To not be micro-managed
  • To work in a nice building (I've got that too, and it really does make a difference)
  • To have free parking (ditto!)

There's more, I know, but I have to get back to work now!

P.S. My husband, Mr. Zigkvetch, is the awesomest guy in the world. He cooked dinner for my friend and me and brought it to us here in prison, er, the office. He even made ROLLS! And wrapped them up so they'd stay warm! Rules.

1 Comments:

At 10:54 AM , Blogger Skeezix said...

Ladybird, as of Dec.26 it will be kick it into high gear for us. Ok?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home