Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Welcome to the World, Charlotte Claire! (And Misc.)

Sweet Charlotte Claire came into the world this morning, via her stunningly beautiful mama, Miss Otter. Congratulations! I am so happy and overjoyed and crying every three seconds. They both look wonderful (I don't know how Miss Otter managed to have a baby, do it without drugs, and still look like a cover model right after Lottie was born), and daddy is obviously the proudest guy in the world. He wrote the sweetest, awestruck note about the event. Did I mention I cried?

In more baby follies, B & E brought Avery by work today. I love her and could hold her little snuggly self forever. She's such a pretty little peanut. Between the Avery visit and the Charlotte birth, my hormones are slam dancing. I've burst into happy tears like, 11 times today! Someone pass the Kleenex. And a Xanax if you've got one.

In other news...
How much am I loving that AmyCorinne is up and blogging again? I had Portuguese steak and eggs for lunch today and thought of her, because it was what she ordered the first time I met her!

My dad shipped me 4 boxes of my old records today. Thanks Dad! I'm actually kind of excited about getting them. I miss listening to good old vinyl. Our dusty turntable won't even know what hit it!

I'm feeling very stressed out because although we got it on day one, neither Mr. Zigkvetch nor I have started Harry Potter yet. I'm so afraid I'm going to accidentally read/see/hear a spoiler. I'll be so pissed.

I think I'm getting a migraine. I haven't had a migraine in years, but this is exactly what it was like, back when I used to get them every so often. Feh. Part of my vision goes-- like a little blotch. It kind of looks like the monster from Predator, when it was "invisible." All wavy-like. Double feh. Actually, let's make that a triple feh, since Ahnold, of Predator fame is now the frakking GOVERNOR of CA.

It is so freaking hot outside. We played our concert last night, and I swear it was like playing in a vat of soup. Thick soup- like pea or cream of tomato. But, we cooled off at the C's house afterward and had lots of good conversation and laughs. And a couple of episodes of Family Guy.

I love Family Guy. I don't know if it's because I live in the very area the show is set in, the perfectly-aligned-to-my-age nostalgic references or what, but it never fails to crack me up. "OH YEAH! KOOL-AID!!!"

I have two huge projects due tomorrow. I can't concentrate as it is right now. I don't have the slightest clue if my break-time blog entry even makes sense. What to do, what to do...

5 Comments:

At 12:26 PM , Blogger Flipsycab said...

Family Guy is the ABSOLUTE greatest for pop culture references and ridiculously irreverant humor.
Have you seen the one with the Cavity Creeps reference? I peed.

 
At 3:07 PM , Blogger Skeezix said...

I'm so glad that you are so happy today (um, well, yesterday).

I miss you dude. Are you avoiding my emails/ims? Because I'm about to go into full stalker mode and you have no one to blame but yourself. Hear that, no one to blame but yourself.

 
At 4:45 PM , Blogger ZigKvetch said...

Flipsy- I haven't seen that one, but did manage to see the "Hanker-for-a-hunk-of-cheese..." guy (do you remember his PSAs during weekday afternoon cartoons?) the other night and nearly killed myself falling of the couch in laughter!

My dearest Skeezy, no not at all my darling. I've been wicked busy at work. It's been awful. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, but it's very dim, and I'm almost certain the light is just glow in the dark Post-It notes. I will be in contact soon, mon cherie stalker!

 
At 10:53 AM , Blogger Flipsycab said...

Wicked busy....hahahaha....how very NE of you! I love it!

 
At 3:49 PM , Blogger LE said...

I don't understand how you haven't started HP yet! I don't know if I could resist.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home