Monday, December 19, 2005

Monday, Monday (Nah, naaaah, nah, na-nah nah...)

It's Monday. It was a little shaky today. One of my team found her new workspace so awful she cried almost all day- even after I assured her we'd move her and give her plenty of room. The other groused and growled and was generally miserable. I've tried to stay very low-key and not exacerbate the situation. I always seem to exacerbate the situation no matter what, though- sometimes just by breathing.

Anyway. I had a co-worker come over and hug me twice today, so proud she was of my miraculous turn into the owner of a neat office. She also made me promise to keep it this way twice today. Normally, I'd slap someone upside the head and tell them to mind their own beeswax, but she's a sweet person and means no harm (Anne, you'll know who I'm talking about!). The funniest part is that she isn't exactly known for her unclutter either.

I'm a little woozy from paint fumes and the toxic fumes eminating from my new mouse pad. The mousepad came from a competitor and I'm starting to wonder if it's some kind of slow-acting nerve gas, used to take the competition down, one employee at a time.

I walked around the new building today. I still love it. The cafeteria was supposed to be open, but it's been delayed, so instead, they sprung for free bagels/pastries/muffins and fresh coffee in all the break areas today and tomorrow. A nice gesture to say the least-- and the coffee was damn good!

I took a 5 minute break this afternoon to make snowflakes. I may be addicted. Is there a 12-step program for cyber-snowflake makers yet? There should be.

I found the best little note while I was cleaning out all my crap from the old office, and it's one of the few things I saved. It's from the little Doodle herself (although she's not exactly little anymore)- my friend Keri's daughter, from probably 5 years or so ago. It's scribbled on lavender paper and says the following:

Dear Lori,
I was here last night. I stole one of your thumbtacks to hang up my snowman picture if you go into mom's office you will see it! You can't miss it!! The tack's orange.

Love Your Friend,
D. Doodle
(various happy faces with tongues sticking out and a 4-petalled flower)

P.S. I had a sip of your water!

1 Comments:

At 3:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha no?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home