Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Has anyone seen a flying pig lately?

Who would've thunk it? I have a cool boss. Me. I can hardly believe it myself.

Today was sort of a mini-review and in the short time we talked, the woman actually told me that she wanted to make sure I knew that she valued me and my contributions to the team. And that she especially valued how I keep our team upbeat-- she actually laughingly called me the ringleader!

In a time of tripling workload, no bonuses, and a constant state of flux, this went a long way with me. No boss has ever told me that they valued me just for being goofy old me. I was floored. Maybe I'm just naive, easily-amused, or just a chump, but it really made me feel good. Of course, finding out that we're getting 6.3% profit sharing didn't hurt, either, but I digress...

And... I sure am glad we had this conversation prior to my royally fucking something up today. Yeah, I totally set 7 people up to attend a career fair on Thursday. Except that it's actually on Friday. They can't rescind profit sharing, can they?

5 Comments:

At 12:15 PM , Blogger amy corinne said...

Lori, those are nice things that your boss said about you! I'm not at all surprised though.

 
At 1:25 PM , Blogger Skeezix said...

That is awesome that your boss said nice things about you. It is totally great to hear how totally needed you are, everyone needs to hear it.

Way to be awesome Lori!

 
At 8:45 PM , Blogger Megan said...

Way to go!

 
At 6:57 PM , Blogger Flipsycab said...

Rock on, futon!

 
At 11:08 AM , Blogger LE said...

Aw, I love your boss for you!

I value you, too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home