Monday, April 17, 2006

Yeah, So, I Suck.

I can't believe I haven't posted on here since February. I suck. So I'm probably just typing empty echoes into a black hole (I'm so damn poetic), but whatever. I'm egotistical enough to be satisfied with that.

So we just finished with Passover and Easter. I ate enough holiday food to last me well into the summer. Gefilte fish here, Cadbury Creme Egg there... you know how it goes.

I had an uneventful birthday, although my mom-ah-lah, dad-ah-lah, Mr. Zigkvetch, and a few friends made it bearable.

Work has been extremely eventful and completely unbearable, but I'm holding onto "This, too, shall pass" for all it's worth.

Today's events included drinking a new Coca-Cola Blak (cola/coffee fusion. Yes, sir.), training to become a building fire warden for our company (I couldn't make this shit up if I tried), and working on my MySpace page, to which I've finally succumbed thanks to my co-worker and friend, Melissa.

This weekend's events included slicing the top of my ear open, eating garlic bread with feta, dying my hair with a silly wash-out (in 8 shampoos) dye, watching the Red Sox, playing an Easter vigil while under the influence of Judaism, finding a long, lost friend via MySpace and buying a small rubber duckie that lights up when you touch the two sensors underneath it.

Does it get any more intriguing than this?

No, probably not.

Thank G-d it's Spring Break for the kiddies this week-- I need a break something serious. I brought 2 bags of Tootsie Pops to the flute choir rehearsal last week as a holiday/spring break treat. I had a few left over that I was trying to give away to the stragglers waiting for their parents to pick them up. No lie-- one of them says no and then says, with a look of disgust and disdain, "they're not even Easter colors! I threw out the one you already gave me." I was dumbfounded and so, so hurt. I told her that wasn't very nice and walked away.

I don't know why things like this still surprise me-- this generation of kids seems to be all about entitlement. Many of them are rude and manipulative and whiny. Their parents don't bother to meet me or ever talk to me. Their parents also don't hold them accountable for anything. I have one kid whose mom actually e-mails me, IMPERSONATING HER DAUGHTER to cancel lessons. It's kind of depressing, but hope springs eternal that things will right themselves. Either that, or I'm going to have to start kicking asses. Parents, students... whatever. (Yes, I'm kidding. I couldn't kick an ass if I tried.)

3 Comments:

At 9:08 PM , Blogger Flipsycab said...

The holidays with the eating and eating and eating...OY but it's so good. Well, I'm not down with the G-fish, but whatevah.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Your students make me want to weep a little and also fart on them at the same time.

 
At 9:13 PM , Blogger Flipsycab said...

Duuude...what's your myspace name? I wanna add ya!

 
At 12:19 PM , Blogger Skeezix said...

I'm so glad you are back to blogging. Don't ever leave me like that again.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home