Friday, May 27, 2005

Friday Wrap Up & Zig Learns to Meme!

On Tuesday, I had my first ever breakdown in front of students. I got to flute choir rehearsal and it was awful. I laid the guilt on pretty thick between tears, I guess, because they somehow got their shit together and played brilliantly last night. I was so happy, and so exhausted. I only hope that this whole event has taught them something and that they'll walk away with a greater understanding of responsibility, teamwork and respect, and not just the idea that: no practice = teacher crying and pissed; practice = happy teacher, less bitching. I guess either way it's a win-win though, in the long run.

I slept pretty well last night, for the first time in 3 days. Ok, passed out is more like it. And today, my day job was on shutdown status for the holiday weekend, so I slept in. Then I got up and taught, and then slept some more! Oh! And after I taught, I started to drive out of the high school and saw a wee little puppy rolling around on the grass above a drainage ditch and pipe. As I got nearer to the puppy, I realized it was actually a wee baby fox!! It was the cutest, fuzziest thing ever!

I slowly got out of the car and went closer, holding my camera phone out, and trying to snap a decent shot. He was wary of me, but let me get pretty close (by pretty close, I mean I was on the top of the knoll, and he was next to the pipe, ready for a fast get away). He seemed to "trust" me after a little bit, and laid down to relax. I was very respectful of his space, understanding that he was a wild animal and also understanding that Mama Fox probably wasn't too far off, and eager to bite my hand off if I got too damn close! I stood there for a half hour, just watching the cute little bugger. And I would've stayed even longer until some of the kids from the baseball team clomped over in their cleats, and scared the poor thing back into the pipe. Foxy did come out in time to make a short appearance for Mr. Zigkvetch too, when he left the high school (we just happened to be teaching there at the same time today) and got my emergent voicemail telling him to look!

So even though all you can really see is a small orange ball of fluff, here is my new little foxy friend for your enjoyments and audible "AWWWWs!":

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And lastly, the lovely and brilliant Megan explained to me what the heck a "meme" was (after I'd already posted one, of course, heh), and in return, to thank her, I'd like to officially partake in her most recent meme request- to post a picture of your eyes! So here are mis ojos, bloodshot as heck, but all mine:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Please consider yourself "meme'd" and have a lovely weekend.

P.S. Top of the 6th, 3 to 1 Boston-- GO SOX! Suck it, Yankees!

1 Comments:

At 9:26 PM , Blogger Megan said...

That's my girl!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home